Walk, Observe and Learn Something...

by Syafiq Azhari




I’m still waiting for the flight confirmation from JPA as they had decided to postpone and reschedule the flights to Canada due to some problems...I still remember the briefing by MAS representative held at Putrajaya few weeks ago…when the slides were displayed showing the details of the flights, it came to my mind that this is it…but then, he said that they will contact us one week prior to the designated date to confirm the details…and I thought that some changes would have to be made later…and unfortunately, it happened...

I already bought the ticket to send my friends at the airport only to hear that their flight will be postponed…but I can’t reverse my plan and fortunately I still got the chances to meet some of them in KL Sentral and KLIA…days ago and it was a great moment and I will never forget that…sitting in the bus for almost 7 hours without proper sleep was not a problem for me because I already get used to it…I tried not to fall asleep at the bus station but that’s the first thing I did…and ‘sahur’ with just a small burger was enough to supply me with sufficient energy for the whole day…

To be honest, I love to travel alone because I could spend much of the time thinking and observing the surrounding…the people’s behaviors and the way they act…it’s worth it…I just sit silently at the station waiting for the ‘subuh’…with just a backpack, it was so easy and convenient for me to move around and organize myself…I walked slowly to the KTM station and I was completely in no rush at all because I don’t want to get stuck with so many people…after performing my prayer, I headed to KL Sentral and for sure, I have no idea for how many hours I’ll be there…haha…and I didn’t bring any book to read…so bored…

I decided to go and take a bath first…and sth funny occurred…the attendant gave me a key for room no.4 but I went straight into room no.3 that was widely open…locked my belongings…and went for a shower…later, I found it hard to open my room and left me struggling there…a Chinese man suddenly walked in and searched for his room…I realized that I locked my belongings in the false room and apologize him...explained to him that I was in rush and not aware of the room no…haha…it was my bad…he opened the door for me…and said “Ooo, the room is very nice”…and we just changed the keys and the problem settled…he was so nice and polite…sometimes, tolerant is vital and it shows your true quality, we don’t have to argue with people just for a small matter…even if someone scolds u, just accept it and admit that it’s your fault…so simple…

And then I went to topup my touch-n-go card…again maybe it was my bad...I already saw the notice saying that the system is offline…but for me, why not you just give it a try?…and I asked the officer inside the counter…”Excuse me, I want to topup my card, can I?”…she replied with a grim face and said, “Didn’t you notice that the system is offline?”…”owh, ok, sorry”, I smiled and walked away…I didn’t have any grudge against her at all and realized that this is a typical Malaysian…I asked myself, why can’t we answer the people politely with a smile? Is that too hard? Respect others and they will respect you in turn. We have to change our mentality and treat others as we would like to be treated.

A glance at my watch showed that it’s 8.30 a.m. It was still early as I said to Qayyum that I will be meeting him up at Subang later on. I went to take a sit and listened to my mp3. Sitting next to me on the left was a young Indian girl talking to the phone and on my right was another Indian women and she was in mid 30s. After some time, it came to my mind that there was nothing wrong if I greet her and have a chat. It’s good to talk to a stranger but don’t be too over. Unfortunately, her friend gave her a call and rather waits for her I could just sleep for a while…

Suddenly, I heard a voice, “Are you sleeping?”…and realized that it was that Indian women…”Can you please look after my belongings, I want to go to the toilet for a while.”….I was shocked and whispered, “What?? You can’t just leave your belongings to an unknown. Not to think badly of others, but just to be cautious”…and I just said, “Owh, ok2..just leave it here”…and I wasn’t sleepy at all waiting for her…Saying thanks is more than enough to show your appreciation and that was what she did.

And I was actually waiting for my friend who will arrive in about half-an-hour…so, I still have time to walk around and went to a mini exhibition that was held in conjunction with the Merdeka celebration…it was so interesting as I walked through the posters and pictures of the past leaders…and suddenly, my friend arrived and gave me a paper bag containing some serunding…haha…I like it and we talked for a while and then left for Subang Jaya…thnks Abang Awie for giving me a free ride…my friend and I talked for the whole journey but sometimes, it stopped in silence…again, it was my bad when I gave Abang Awie a false direction to qayyum’s house…haha…sorry…I won’t do that again…and that was the last time since I saw that friend of mine…sorry I can’t send you at the airport…I wish I could story more, but i'll just stop here...

As for my delayed flight…mix feelings surrounded me...I'm happy as I will have some extra time in Malaysia preparing myself and finish the tasks I haven’t yet finished…But still, I’m not so happy as I might have to skip the orientation week and will arrive there just before the class starts…and now everything needs to be rescheduled…am hoping that everything will be fine and going smoothly though not as planned…I have no idea if this might be a blessing in disguise…but I will just leave it to Him as He knows what is the best for His servants…

Read more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there my friend!

amiir said...

best giler idup ko..